FC4 sound card correctly detected, but no sound

Justin Willmert justin at jdjlab.com
Wed Jun 29 14:25:48 UTC 2005

Xiaodong wrote:

>I Have FC4 (kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4) installed in a DELL Inspiron
>600m. The sound card is Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM
>(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97. It was detected correctly and the module
>snd-intel8x0 was installed during the installation and later soundcard
>detection. But when I press the "play test sound" button, no sound can
>be heard. The speaker is not muted. Any idea what went wrong?
>Appreciate it.
>
>Xiaodong

>Yahoo! Sports
>Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football
>http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

I too am having the same problem. I am running an hp pavilion ze4900,
but my sound card is also an Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97. My symptoms are the same also. I can tell
you, too, that it is not just a FC4 specific problem. When I was still
running FC3, I had no sound capabilities either.

I'll be watching this, so I hope you find your answer.

Justin