yum - lack of features

Adam Gibson agibson at ptm.com
Wed Jun 29 15:29:09 UTC 2005

William Hooper wrote:
> Adam Gibson wrote:
>
>>I wish yum supported excludes per repository for that reason.  I
>>sometimes want to use a repository but dont want that 3rd party repo to
>>ever update some core packages.  Placing an excludes in a section for a
>>specific repo doesn't seem to work.
>

> WORKSFORME.  Perhaps you can provide details on what doesn't seem to work
> for you?

Wow. it does work :).  I remember trying this in FC3 and it would not
ignore a package from a repo but I guess it must have been a typo or
something on my part.

>>It would be nice to have the opposite
>>of that too so that you could state that only the packages I list here
>>should be updated from this specific repository(sometimes you just want a
>>few packages from a certian repo.
>

> That's what "includepkgs" is for.

Hmmm... what other features can I think of that will just materialize
with the next reply.  Kitchen sinks seem to come to mind :).

Thanks for the information...  Both of those features are well
documented in the man page... I should have looked again before posting.
  I somehow missed them last time I browsed the man page in FC3.