Restarting the mouse after KVM switch

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jun 30 21:52:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 17:08, beartooth wrote:

> Very dumb question, though : somebody says he keeps his behind his
> monitor, and forgets it. How do you use it in that position?? I hit mine
> two or three dozen times a day, and need it not only in sight, but handy.
> Are we all talking about the same thing? (I run four boxes on one K, one
> V, and one M -- the only kind of KVM switch I know of ....)

Most KVMs have keyboard short cuts that allow you to jump to the machine
you want without having to hit a button on the KVM.  And the IOGEAR KVM
I recently installed does not even have a button on it.  You hit
ctrl-shift-alt and the number of the port you want to use (1 through 4).

The Belkins have a similar hot key method also, hit scroll lock twice
then 0 followed by the port number.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.
		-- Thomas Alva Edison