mtink Epson status monitor for FC3

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Tue Mar 1 04:42:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

I tried with many problem to make work mtink and mtinkd RPM, in order to
manage my Epson Style 480 on FC3. I was using mtink-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm on
FC2 with no problem.

I tried this one, and mtink-1.0.7.1 and mtink-1.0.8 and still cannot
communicate with the printer.

My question is : do I have another choice to manage my Epson printer
than using mtink. I would like to change the cartridge.

If anybody got some ideas, or is using (managing) successpully his Epson
ink-jet printer on FC3, please help ;-)

Moreover, I have an inkjet HP printer, but never tried to install it on
Fedora. Is this more simple to access a panel control for HP than
Epson ?

Thanks,

Philippe
--