Problem with gam_server

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 1 07:36:31 UTC 2005

Running up to date FC3.

I just burned a DVD and mounted it to check the files. When I tried to
umount it, umount said it was busy. lsof showed that the gam_server had
grabbed it.

So, not really knowing WTF the gam_server was, I tried man gam_server,
no luck, and apropos gam, still no luck. I hate stuff that doesn't have
a man page.

It can't be uninstalled, too many dependencies. I checked the services
configuration menu, no luck. I grepped /etc looking for a configuration
file entry that said gam_server, but found nothing.

Can someone tell me how to configure this POS so it doesn't grab my
mounted devices. Better yet, can I just make it go away?

Thanks,

John