FC3 will not startup

Kent C. Kollasch kckoll at comcast.net
Tue Mar 1 15:32:29 UTC 2005

//I've expirenced the same thing with a Dell XPS T700r, from what I can
figure out it has to do with the kernel not liking the BIOS version.  I
upgraded my bios to latest version Dell had for this model (11), but it
still has the same problem.  Something to do with ACPI.  I get the
following error during bootup.

ACPI: BIOS age (2000) fails cutoff (2001), acpi=force is required to
enable ACPI

It then hangs on Configuring kernel parameters.

I've tried to use acpi=force as a kernel parameter during bootup, but it
still didn't work.  I guess I'll have to reload FC2 until they get this
fixed unless somebody has a solution.

Kent
///
/

    * /From/: "ken" <kenneth cooke id au>
    * /To/: <fedora-list redhat com>
    * /Subject/: FC3 will not startup
    * /Date/: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 22:59:42 +1100

A fresh install of Fedora core 3 freezes during start up.
It gets as far as "Enabling local file system quotas: [OK]" then stops.
A previous install of FC2 worked fine.
Motherboard Intel 440BX chipset.
Pentium III 550 MHz
Anyone with any ideas??