Fedora Core Support List Unofficial User's Guide (draft 2 - Duncan Lithgow))

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:02:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:53:42 -0500, Charles E Taylor IV
<tomalek at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Actually, the threading works properly in GMANE too:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general/111922
>
> ... so it looks like it's just a problem with that marc archive, not a
> general problem.

That looks right to me too.

Then from gmail's point of view, it may be a problem with them as
well. Of course then it goes back to the earlier point that was
started a month ago... when people complained because someone
suggested going to a forum format. People were complaining that they
didn't want to open a browser and go to a forum site to read messages,
they wanted to continue to get messages in their mailbox.

I guess no matter what happens, someone is not going to be happy, but
hey, what can we do?

Anyhow, back to the root topic of this thread, before we all forget
why this started... the idea here is to come up with a core set of
things that would be nice for new list members to know about.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)