Browse Samba server from XP

Irving, Dave Dave.Irving at logicacmg.com
Wed Mar 2 08:23:28 UTC 2005

> Is your samba server set up for USER or SHARE security?

Originally I hadn't specified any security level - so would have been
using the default.
I just tried "security = share", and its getting even more
interesting....
XP brings up a log-on dialog, with the user name fixed as
"...NetBIOSName...\guest", but still requires a password to be entered
(Im not sure what password it's even after...).

P.s, sorry about the top-posting yesterday everyone - I've not really
used email based forums a great deal before so Im still brushing up on
my etiquette