Spamassassin 3.0.2 autolearn=ham/spam/no

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Wed Mar 2 17:52:03 UTC 2005

crisppy fernandes wrote:
> I have a problem related to spamassassin-3.0.2 which i have packged for my use.
> I have installed all rpms of spam-3.0.2 on my FC2 box. and then i have
> sent spam mail message to check whether its working properly or not on
> my box. Its able to grab the spam and giving header info as spam i.e.
> but in its header information its giving """ autolearn=ham """ which
> should not be the case when its spam. rather it should be
> autolearn=spam.
> so can anybody of you help me in identifying where is the things wrong
> , i have not packged properly  or i need to change something in some
> configuration file.

It is possible the message was learned as ham.

When deciding if message should be learned as ham or spam, some tests
are ignored, as described in Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf manual page:

   - rules with tflags set to 'learn'
   - rules with tflags set to 'userconf'
   - rules with tflags set to 'noautolearn'

For example, if you used GTUBE spam example for your "spam mail"
(sample-spam.txt file distributed with SpamAssassin), than it will most
likely be learned as ham.  GTUBE rule has tflags set to "userconf
noautolearn", and will be ignored when deciding should email be learned
as ham or spam.  After all, GTUBE spam example isn't really a spam...
Try testing with some real piece of spam.