Hard-Drive

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 23:42:53 UTC 2005

dissel at estevancomp.ca wrote:
> I currently have Fedora Core 3 running on a Compaq 266 256M Ram -

Intel Pentium II 266?

> and I
> tried to move the hard-drive to a mini-ITX machine -

Via C3?

> -system started
> Fedora startup-splash appeared - to select the Kernal - then the system
> restarts, this continues - Any suggestions??

Do you get to select the kernel, or does it reboot even if you leave it
sitting at the grub menu?

An Intel Pentium II would be an i686 to gcc and the kernel, while a Via
chip could well be an i586. I'd expect the kernel to print a warning,
not just reboot, but I've never tried it so I don't know what to
expect...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "Face" on Mars proves to be optical illusion --
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | NASA now investigating "vase" on Mars.