FC3 installation problems, can't see CD/ROM

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Mar 3 02:26:48 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 03.03.2005 schrieb Jack Pines um 3:18:

> I'm a Fedora newbie trying to install.  I've been using unix / bsd /
> linux off and on for a few decades, but am just trying Fedora.
> Downloaded the .iso files, verified md5sum, burned them to CDs, and
> verified the CDs.  When I boot on disc 1, it boots and takes me through
> a series of questions ending with a choice of where to find the files.
> I say on the local CD/ROM and it accesses the CD, but then comes back
> telling me that it is unable to find the Fedora Core CD on any of my
> drives.  I've tried this multiple times and it is always the same.

> -jack pines

Often booting into installation with "linux ide=nodma" help in such
cases. Maybe it is even enough to switch off DMA for the CD-ROM device
with "linux cdnodma".

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 03:25:32 up 9 days, 14:34, load average: 0.26, 0.63, 0.57