Fedora Core administration in right way

Hacksaw hacksaw at hacksaw.org
Thu Mar 3 11:56:09 UTC 2005

>> I'm quite experienced sysadmin, but only for a short time I maintain
>> servers with Fedora Core onboard. Thus I've got some questions.

>yes. severe lack of interested volunteers to take it up but meanwhile

Here are, I think, the most important areas:

/etc
	of course.

/etc/sysconfig
	The main place that the files in /etc/init.d look for configuration info.
These files are typically sourced in the init.d file during its run. One
mostly set variables there.

It's also a good idea to get familiar with chkconfig. There is some GUI
version of this, but, well, you know, CLI rules for power users. :-)

--
"Did you ever have one of those days when you called into work just to
make sure you weren't there already?"