Security Breach ?

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Thu Mar 3 20:45:31 UTC 2005

Guy Fraser wrote:
> I am not trying to knock you, or the CISSP program, but in my
> experience most accreditation systems are just money making
> scams. As the saying goes "the proof is in the pudding", if you
> are capable of securing, keeping a machine secure and fixing
> machines that have been compromised, then you can claim to be
> experienced, and it doesn't matter what letters you put after
> your name.

I second that.  However, the way HR departments work can be described
with this simple command:

    grep -v alphabet-soup list-of-applicants.txt > reject-list.txt

Basically, very often you get screened out long before anybody competent
gets a chance to look into your resume.  So it is up to you.  Not
wasting time and money on some alphabet soup and lowering your chances
of finding a job, or spending some time and money on some sily title.
Sometimes I think this is conspiracy between HR departments and
certification organizations...  Whatever it is, it is very profitable
business.  Just look how much Microsoft is charging for classes and
certificates...

BOFH...  Hmmmm...  Wonder how that would look in my resume, gota try it
out at least once ;-)