mount on startup after X starts

Steve Brueckner steve at atc-nycorp.com
Fri Mar 4 18:14:51 UTC 2005

I'm running FC3 with the Gnome desktop.  I'm trying to automatically mount a
directory during startup, after X starts and before a user takes any actions
(aside from logging into the desktop).  I've been experimenting with startup
scripts that are used by X and Gnome, but nothing's worked so far.

Specifically, I'm trying to # mount --bind /tmp/.X11-unix inside of a chroot
directory, so that chrooted GUI applications can run.  This directory
contains a socket to the X server, and doesn't exist until after X starts.

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to pull this off.  If there's an alternative
to mounting the directory inside chroot, I'd be happy to consider it.

Thanks,

 - Steve Brueckner, ATC-NY