Is Linux really faster than MS Windows ?

Don Dupy fedora at maxxrad.net
Sun Mar 6 00:13:57 UTC 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, Richard Crawford wrote:

My laptop is a Mobile 2.4Ghz with 1Gb Ram. My windows2k box @ work is a
1.1 athlon with 512Mb Ram. The laptop boots a little slower than the 2k
box.Again, for me, this isn't really a huge issue. I just power on, take
my coat off, go get my morning cup and I am ready when I return to my
desk.
I guess some people dwell on little things like this a bit much. Anyway
you look at it, I am enjoying the FC3 OS and I support it 200%
  --
Don Dupy

FC1 - Kernel 2.4.22 - Dell Poweredge 600SC
http://www.maxxrad.net
email: fedora at maxxrad.net