FC-3 duplicate rpms

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 00:47:44 UTC 2005

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:18:42 -0700, don fisher <dfisher at as.arizona.edu> wrote:
> Alexander,
>
> Thanks. It is an X86_64 system. I was led to the problem when I
> received an incomputable libraries error message on libGL and libXt.
> Is there a method to know when one is linking to the 32 bit or 64 bit
> libs?
>
> Thanks
> don

The 64-bit libraries are all stored in lib64 directories instead of
the normal lib directories.  Thus if the path to the library contains
lib64, it is 64-bit and if not, it is 32-bit, unless it actually is
64-bit and isn't smart enough to know it should be looking in lib64.
You cannot link a 32-bit exe to a 64-bit library and vice-versa.  Does
this answer your question?

Jonathan