Leave it on or turn it off (Was: Is Linux really faster)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 18:47:43 UTC 2005

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:44:20 -0500, Rob Miracle <rwm at photo-miracles.com> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I'm not saying that Fedora in paticular or linux in general HAS to
> > start faster. I personally dont even care. I'm just saying that if we
> > want to make it more accessable then it has to start faster. Or at
> > least appear to. Even if it is doing something in the backgorund that
> > does not interest the end user.
>
> Is there a reason you don't leave the system up?  Even with multiple
> people on a Windows system, leaving it up doesn't hurt anything.

For a few reasons. One, I like Linux and Ety likes Windows. Also,
electricity costs and fan noise are a concern (the fan in the power
supply is real noisy). But after following this thread I may just
leave it on. More opinions on this subject would be much appreciated.

Dotan Cohen
http://English-Lyrics.com
http://Song-Lyriks.com