gno,e-settings-daemon failure

Mauricio Villegas mvillegas at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 7 00:22:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

  I updated a few packages using the up2date program.
Everything seemed ok except that after logout and
trying to login again I get a error message saying
that
gnome-settings-daemon has found a problem, after that
the system freezes no matter what I do. I also noticed
that I can login using KDE without problem but some
applications such as evolution stopped working. Any
ideas/experience with this type of problem?

  My intuition is that there was some incompatibiity
installing some of the packages (gnome). I am thinking
that I could uninstall gnome and re-install it (do not
know how yet!!!) but your ideas or experiences are
welcome.

Thank you,

Mauricio