FC3 ipw2200 configuration problem

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Mar 7 05:29:29 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 19:36, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> Awhile back I setup a Toshiba Tecra M2 laptop with FC3.  It has the
> 2200bg centrino wireless chip set.  At that time I had trouble getting
> it configured to work until I used the NetworkManager package.
>
> That has been working fairly well.  However I had a problem getting a
> VPN package to work with the wired connection.  Would work find over
> wireless but not over the wired connection.
>
> This weekend I upgraded the laptop with the latest packages and kernel.

No takers on this problem yet.

Here is a very interesting data point.

I have another laptop running FC2 that I had been using with the same
VPN package with no problems.  This weekend I upgraded this system with
the latest available packages, including kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2.

Trying to get something setup so I could do some work Monday I tried
using the VPN client on this system which had worked previously.

With the new kernel I get the same problem as described with the latest
FC3 versions.  So I booted an older kernel on the FC2 box,
2.6.10-1.12_FC2 and now the VPN works as expected.

So now I am beginning to think there is some conflict between the kernel
version and the VPN client.

It looks like 760 and 770 have problems with the VPN client (or vice
versa).

What FC3 kernel version roughly corresponds to 2.6.10-1.12_FC2?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

"Remember, extremism in the nondefense of moderation is not a virtue."
-- Peter Neumann, about usenet