Make that "Everything" I've asked for...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:51:43 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 02:55, Jeff Vian wrote:

> > OK, so it is possible to get what most people would want by making
> > thousands of individual selections involving programs they
> > don't know anything about yet...  How many people who picked
> > English at that first dialog really need cannaserver running
> > all the time?
> >

> The same logic applies to selecting *everything*.  How many people
> really want a LOT of stuff they don't know and that takes up a lot of
> drive space?

Why would the people assembling the distribution include programs
that no one would want, and how can a user decide what he wants
before seeing them?   Language support is something they already
know what they want so it's not the same logic at all.

> And, BTW, it is not thousands by any means.

'Everything' says it installs things not available in the
other bundles.  How do you get them if not wading through
the RPMS?

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com