FC3 sendmail help?

Ian J. Kennedy ijkennedy at afblakemore.com
Mon Mar 7 15:30:31 UTC 2005

>  This looks to me as if the hostname that sendmail is reporting when it
> connects to another host is not it's "real" - i.e. Internet registered -
> host name.
>
> you could try enabling the following line in sendmail.mc
> define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.your.provider')
>
> This should pass all external emails through to your ISP's mail host for
> delivery. They may accept the connection based solely on your email
> address.

	Slight typo there - Your ISP will recognise you by IP address no
email address!

Disclaimer
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of A.F. Blakemore and Son
Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please notify the email administrator at A.F.
Blakemore and Son Limited, Long Acres Industrial Estate, Rose Hill,
Willenhall, West Midlands. WV13 2JP (mailto:postmaster at afblakemore.com)