x86_64 install

Jay Scherrer jay at scherrer.com
Mon Mar 7 15:54:47 UTC 2005

I tried installing Fedora core 3 version x86_64 on a new
Laptop: Asus Z8100
with a mobile AMD 64 memory is 1 gig.

The install went ok but after logging in the system it seemed very
slow. I hadn't yumed it yet untill I try the install for FC3 x386
The install of FC3 x386 went smooth and everything runs faster.
When I config cpan it detects my system as a dual proccesor.
Now I am thinking of yum updating FC3 x386 then ugrade to FC3 x86_64
because during the initial install there were several files that
remained compiled for the x386.

Has anyone else tried FC3 x86_64 or is this the wrong list?

Jay Scherrer