Firefox or Opera? Evolution or T-bird?

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 7 23:17:15 UTC 2005

Douglas Frank wrote:
> On what basis did *you* choose one over the other?

On Linux:
Konqueror
Kmail

On Windows:
Firefox
Thunderbird

Konqueror simply because it integrates into my desktop environment (KDE).

Kmail has the best cached IMAP implementation IMO.  It also supports the
_easy_ configuration of your Sent, Drafts, Trash folders to be _whatever_
IMAP directories you wish.

Firefox simply because I bought into the hype.  It hasn't done me wrong yet,
so I stick with it.

Thunderbird has good cached IMAP implementation, but I had to figure out a
few settings to get it working the way I wanted...and IMO its still not as
good as Kmail's.  Also, its a bit more difficult (or less customizable)
about setting Sent/Drafts/Trash to IMAP folders.  Actually, I think
settings Sent and Drafts is easy, but for some reason its a pain to set the
Trash to be IMAP dir of a different name.

These are just my opinions.