yum rollback?

Chris Strzelczyk cstrzelczyk at nobletechnology.net
Tue Mar 8 18:10:55 UTC 2005

On Mar 8, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Paul Howarth wrote:

> yum and up2date are both front-ends for rpm. It is rpm that implements
> the repackage and rollback facilities. As far as I know, yum doesn't
> provide a hook for doing rollbacks etc., so if you're happy with
> up2date, you may as well stick with it.

I am actually using yum for most or our servers but found out that
up2date allows rollback which may prompt me to switch to up2date.  I
just didn't know what the drawbacks (if any) were to switching
from yum to up2date.  Right now I can see a major advantage which is
rollback but I wanted to get the general opinion of more experienced
folk.

Thanks,
-cs