LAN to WAN on FC3 solved

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Mar 8 19:43:44 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:
| On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 16:59 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
|| Claude Jones wrote:
|| I respond to myself. I was in a tearing-hair-out-try-anything
|| mode and made some concatenated mistakes. I'd tried installing
|| firestarter and I think this was interfering with my manual
|| entries. In any event, I removed it. I went into security
|| settings and on the Selinux tab, I removed Selinux protection
|| for the dhcp daemon under SELinux Service Protection. Presto,
|| everything started working. Can someone tell me if I've done
|| anything wrong with these SELinux changes? I can't remember if
|| I'd changed them during the past serveral days, and simply put
|| them back where they were.
|
| Try:
| # restorecon -R /etc/dhcp* /var/lib/dhcp
|
| That will hopefully fix the SELinux issues and you should be
| able to re- enable protection for dhcpd.
|
| Paul.
| --
| Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>

I'm not sure whether to remove the 'solved' from the subject line,
since we seem to be back to problem solving.

I followed your suggestion and reinstated dhcpd protection in
SELinux, and now I'm back to the error message when I restart
dhcpd:
"Can't open lease database /var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases: Permission
denied -- check for failed database rewrite attempt!"

Claude Jones
Levit & James, Inc./WTVS
Leesburg, VA, USA