Kernel-doc installation -- why not automatic

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 21:05:00 UTC 2005

Question for the gurus.

A recent message on fedora-list prompted me to look for documentation on
my own system regarding kernel-2.6.10-1.770_FC2.
I found none.  Scanning the list of rpms available in update
direcctories of Fedora Core mirror sites, I notice that kernel
documentation rpms had been made available for the 1.12 and 1.14 kernels
as well.  Those documentation rpms had not been installed on my system
either.  Is this expected behavior for updates through the up2date
utility?  Does yum behave the same way?

I have now downloaded and installed the 1.770 rpm so putting it on my
system is not an issue.

TIA,

Dave