Access Point problem

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Mar 9 01:52:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 20:07, Claude Jones wrote:
> My FC3 computer with SELinux enabled in targetted mode is
> accessing the internet just fine. On the LAN side, DHCP is working
> and I have a wireless access point DLINK DWL-G700AP connected to
> the LAN nic. It's passing traffic from a laptop to the Linux box
> just fine, and I can access the internet from the laptop, so all
> is well. I have one nagging issue. I can't access the DLINK. My
> LAN is set to run as 192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0 and according to
> the literature the DLINK is defaulted to IP address 192.168.0.50.
> I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get around
> this, but nothing is working. I changed the LAN addressing to
> reflect the same range as the access point many times. I have
> tried resetting the access point so that it's at its default
> settings. I'm missing something - does anyone know something I
> should be trying?

The two addresses you give are in two different subnets.  Most APs I
have seen default to the first address in the subnet defined on the LAN
side.  In you case you might try 192.168.2.1 as the address oof the AP.

Or if it is following what you indicate the default should be try
192.168.2.50.

Baring that you will have to see about a hard reset which should reset
the device back to factory defaults at which point the address should be
192.168.0.50 and have the default password info.

Normally there is a reset button, small hole with a switch that you
reach with a paperclip reset device.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com