Linux is so cool!

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Wed Mar 9 02:29:38 UTC 2005

yikes! I must have missed a point somewhere here!
my definition of cool is like a foxy lady...livin in a postcard...a good
lookin pickup truck or a good home-made ravioli dinner.

Linux??? well, linux is a hell of a big word and one can get lost in the
linux forest. I don't really know linux...just trying to get my act
together w/a small portion of it called fedora.

There are more things wrong w/it that I see and I don't really see that
much of fedora because the whole system is so huge!

I'm just kiddin y'all, I'm here because all my life it seems I have
wanted to experience unix...That's another big word. They claim the
closest you can get to unix today is freeBSD. I have tried it and I
might play w/it more down the road.

I am reluctant to talk about linux because it's just to
uncomprehendable..I'd rather downsize that word to fedora which in
itself is a loaded word.

fedora means lots of different things to lots of different people...can
only speak for myself...I love the power of it, the challenge and the
price! I don't make money off this, I feel I do stay mentally healthy
because of this. I betcha 50% of the people here are here for basically
the same reasons I am...for the love of the rush of meeting the
challenge..making this happen...making that happen ...there is one hell
of a lot to fedora!

I won't sit here constantly, I have to get away...go work w/my hands..or
whatever but while I'm here, it's working w/fedora...not even RedHat..I
can't afford redhat..this is more fun anyway! Oh, if I had big time
business dealings goin on where I needed bigtime heavy duty server
responsibilities goin on then I would surely pay the bucks for RH
support but for just a power user hobbyist...fedora!!!! lol every 4/6
mos...new version coming out...lol ya it's interesting.

and yes..fedora is cool...for what it is for me. ya it's like a
hot-rod..try to make it what you want.

John Rose

--
The only thing Micro$oft has done for society is make people believe
that computers are inherently unreliable.