Using sudo instead of root passwd for system-config tools

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:49:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:19:52 -0500, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 08:15:40AM +0100, Thomas V. Fischer wrote:
> > How do you force the use of sudo instead of the root password for launching
> > the system-config-??? Tools via the application menu?
> > I believe you need to change something in the /etc/pam.d files but not sure
> > what

If you follow this awesome article  You can create a
"nautilus-browser" as root under your main menu.  enter the root
password then once you have it open,  create a bookmark
"applications:///  "   Then you can run any app as root with out
authorization.
http://www.fedoranews.org/contributors/matt_hansen/nautilus/

--

Jim Lawrence