OpenOffice Writer doesn't hyphenate...

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Thu Mar 10 16:04:46 UTC 2005

Dear all,

I'm happily running FC2 since its release, but just a few days ago I ran
across a strange behaviour of OpenOffice (updated): it refuses to hyphenate.

I did the following:

- I right-clicked on text area
- I went to "Edit paragraph style / Text flow / Hyphenation" and checked
  "Automatically"
- I also went to "Edit paragraph style / Alignment" and checked "Justify"

Nothing happens.

I also installed OOO 1.1.3 from OpenOffice home site, and the same
procedure above works fine. So I guess it's a Fedora problem: OOO comes
with some wrong configuration.

Any hint?

Best regards.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico