Bug found in FC3?

Ian MacGregor greatscot at zipcon.com
Thu Mar 10 09:13:19 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 3:35 pm, Alexander Apprich wrote:
> Ian,
>
> Ian MacGregor wrote:
> > I think we have found a new bug. The information about this problem can
> > be found here: http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46764
>
> is your bios clock o.k.? I've seen this behavior on systems were the
> bios battery went dead. Could you try
>
>     hwclock --badyear
>
> root at elmstreet / # hwclock --help | grep bad
>    --badyear     ignore rtc's year because the bios is broken
it had nothing to do with BIOS. The problem started when I right-clicked on
the clock applet in kicker in KDE. I chose "Adjust Date & Time..." from that
and I entered the root password and went into the "Configure - Date & Time"
dialog, changed the time zone and clicked Apply and the screen goes blank
(had to move my mouse to get the screen back) and the time changes and UTC is
selected in Current Time Zone instead of PST (for Los Angeles). It won't
allow me to select PST in the Current Time Zone.