Fedora Core 3 and MySql: ever tried Ingres r3?

Francois Ouellette fouellet at idirect.com
Fri Mar 11 20:01:29 UTC 2005

Hi gang,

To those interested in RDBMS packages I can tell you that the Open Source
Ingres r3 from CA rocks. And it's free! It's not everyday that an
enterprise-class software package with 30 years of real-life market
presence is made available to Open Source.
Look at http://opensource.ca.com/projects/

It installs like a charm on FC3 and is light-years ahead of MySQL or
Postgres. It includes all of the character-based tools, plus a truckload
of gateways, programming tools and goodies including JDBC.

(I am not in any way related to CVA, I am just spreading the word).

 François Ouellette
<fouellet at idirect.com>