ukrainian encoding for mail

Olga Urban olga at urbantimes.net
Fri Mar 11 20:42:07 UTC 2005

I am receiving some mail in Ukrainian and some characters do not display
correctly in the browser both in the subject line and in the body (I am
running squirrel mail). If I open the message and then click on
'Forward', then the message gets completely garbled. I have to go to
page properties and set the encoding. And even then some characters are
not showing correctly.

In Ximian Evolution, the body of the message appears correctly, but the
subject line still has some characters that do not appear right.

What do I have to look into to fix this problem: httpd.conf or
squirrelmail configuration?

Thank you.

Olga