Can Federa be installed by updating Red Hat?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 21:33:23 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:13:17 -0700, Robin Laing
<Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:

> I wonder if it would work across such a wide range of changes?

Give it a shot... apt-get dist-upgrade works pretty well.

> Does Debian do SELinux?

Yes, but in my experience, Fedora has done a better job of integrating
it into its distribution.  Though, the HOWTO was written by a debian
user (
https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=20372&group_id=21266
and https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=21959&group_id=21266).
 Keep in mind not all filesystems support SELinux.  Ext3, and possibly
XFS, is your best bet for SE right now.
--
Jiann-Ming Su