fedora booting without a monitor.

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 12 16:19:59 UTC 2005

whew.. this is what i get for typing after 36 hourse.. and 3 hours of sleep.
"butt of a hamster!!! instead of master.

anyway... it appears that the monitor issue can be solved by preventing the
FC3 kernel from doing the hardware/monitor probe. this can be accomplished
by adding the line "linux nofb" to the grub.conf config file.

and in fact, there appears to be some bugzilla threads related to this for
FC2.

this seems to have resolved the issue

-bruce