Dell 8400 / Intel AHCI controller / SATA

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Sat Mar 12 23:21:28 UTC 2005

After googling, I've seen that FC3 doesn't support the AHCI option for
the controller and the advice is to reset it for SATA/RAID in the BIOS.
But, there was a note that in a dual-boot situation, one has to
reinstall Windows.

Given that I've spent the last two days getting Windows working well,
NOOOOOOO!

1.  Is there a way to get FC3 to install using the AHCI option in the BIOS?

2.  If not and I have to reset it to RAID, is there an easy way to tweak
the settings for XP so I don't have to reinstall?

--

    Steve