forgot to mount /home during installation

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Sun Mar 13 03:51:32 UTC 2005

Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> When I installed FC3, I forgot to set /dev/sda6 to be /home.  How do I
> edit /etc/fstab to do this (i.e. mount /dev/sda6 to /home when the system
> boots)?  There is a comment in /etc/fstab that says something about
> fstab-sync...should I be concerned with this?
>
> Thank you.

As "root".

Use "vi" and edit/correct  /etc/fstab to show your /dev/sda6 partition
and its mount point.
Then make sure that mount point exist.  Once you have the mount point
(aka directory).
move the contents of the old directory to the new one - if needed.
Then once all of that is done
Reboot

Follow the line in fstab so that your line looks some like the others
for the drive

Downside  - there can be links that end up broken.

Check "man fstab"

--
73 de Donn Washburn   Hpage: " http://www.hal-pc.org/~n5xwb "
Ham Callsign N5XWB   Email:  " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "