Fedora core 3 / XP dual boot

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Mar 13 12:16:45 UTC 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 11:56, Irving, Dave wrote:
> >> Just checked that site and it's a linux tool right? So do I just burn
> >>
> >> it on to CD and boot my XP box from it?
> >
> > absolutely. works like a charm.
>
> Brilliant - just got the ISO now and Im going to give it a whirl.
> My 'lil laptop is only 60gig - so do you think a 50/50 split will be ok?
60Gb? you have been spoilt, sir! :-)
30Gb (if that was your plan) is more than enough for a Fedora install
(actually it is something like 24Gb more than an 'everything' install!)

yes, but make sure you don't let it delete *all* partitions - just tell it to
use the extra space on your disk (once you have shrunk your XP partition you
should have plenty).

> So, basically, during the install, I just tell Grub to use the MBR, and
> it should set itself all up so that I can choose whether to boot XP or
> Fedora at start up?
Be aware that the Fedora Core Installer will probably detect XP as DOS - you
may choose to edit the name!

> Appreciate your help!
you're welcome

Stuart