how do i add user accounts in FC3?

Zach Wilkinson ztwilkinson at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 15:32:54 UTC 2005

Redhat docs say to use useradd or system-config-users.
useradd gives me an error about not being able to
rewrite the password file.
In system-config-users, I go to add a user, I fill-out
the form, but when I click to add the window goes
translucent and the pointer changes to an hourglass
and stays that way.
SELinux was set to active during the install, and I
did find seuseradd, but that gives me the same error
as regular useradd.
I know this isn't system specific because I've tried
this on three different systems, one fresh install
with latest yum update.

Thanks,