Info: NeroLINUX published - Nero burning software for Linux platforms

a a lacadaemon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 18:19:33 UTC 2005

Sean:

> I don't see any reason to use this & I don't see what Nero are trying to do.

it is plain obvious that you have not considered that what Nero is
tryong to do is expand to providing a product for the linux os. that
is not a sinister move, it is a recognition of the growing popularity
of linux

> Nero is very sucessful on windows, as there are not many good alternatives, there are on linux.

untrue. Nero is very successful on windows cos it is simply one of the
best apps, there are tens and tens of alternatives

> If you are expected to pay for a product (you must purchase nero6 to download linuxnero) on Linux, you expect support at least, if not a nice system/interface.

Nero are not expecting people to buy a windows license so they can
obtain a linux version. this is simply Nero saying "hey we recognise
that linux is an os to code for and we better start somewhere by
making an effort at a linux implementation" they cant support it cos
they dont as yet have a linux infrastructure ... it is obvious that
this is an emerging project

> It sems to me as if they are trying to make sales by appealing somewhat to the Linux community, but sadly have gotten it very very wrong.

you got it very very wrong Sean. if everyone had your defensive,
partisan, entrenched attitude to developments then very little would
ever be achieved.

i say well done to Nero for making the effort and wish then every
success with their project and maybe one day they can aspire to a
linux app that everyone will want to use, just like they did on
windows