Info: NeroLINUX published - Nero burning software for Linux platforms

a a lacadaemon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 21:41:45 UTC 2005

> Sorry if I was unclear, the point I was making was that you are paying for the software & it is not being supported, I am aware of the payment methods, but I do not think it matters.
>
> I wouldn't class this as a 'flame war' or otherwise, just a discussion :)

no flame war, just on the head discussion ... . the argument that
there is already sufficient great open source burners on linux so that
there is no room for another player does not hold water. i explain ...

the linux community is going to see a lot of changes as windows users
cross-over to linux. these users think differently because they are
accustomed to a very open and ill-defined public arena largely
populated by semi-computer-literate types, children and the
mass-unwashed ... where-as the linux community is a tight band of
highly literate and technical power-users. the windows world is
dominated by a highly active open discussion forum of what is the best
and why and Nero's business strategy is to pick up these users as they
cross-over because these users already know the brand ... there is no
reason why Nero will not very quickly become the no.1 on linux as it
is on wondows and what is more they will do it because they are very
well funded (means not for free)