Dual Boot with FC3-partitioning, how ?

Callistus Mendonca angel_escuro at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 16:14:25 UTC 2005

http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=48773&topic_id=12298&forum=1#forumpost48773

> --

If you need a completely Fresh install then you will
have to have the Windows XP bootable installation CD
with you to do a fresh install.

Also Mount points is the point where a filesystem
other than the Linux file system are mounted. you can
create a mount point anywhere in the linux filesystem.
I suggest you to create a mount point in /mnt, by
creating a a folder (take 'win' as an example).
Now if you want to mount the Fat32 filesystem you can
use the following command

mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/win

where /dev/hda1 is the partition (usually called as C
drive in Windows if your HD is set to  Master). All
the files from hda1 (or C: in Windows language) will
be loaded in /mnt/win directory.