phpMyAdmin installation problem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Mar 14 21:51:58 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 14.03.2005 schrieb a a um 20:34:

> Alex we need more information on how you got it working?
>
> Are you also looking at localhost?

I did nothing special. I answered you privately after you mailed me
personally. MySQL (the version shipping with FC3) was working, I did
what is described in the phpMyAdmin documentation by creating the
controluser, the database tables and editing the config.inc.php. And
yes, the MySQL server is running on the same host as the Apache2. But
that shouldn't count.

May I guess you with the problem are using MySQL 4.x from anywhere else,
maybe the mysql.com site? Then your problem is home made.

Alexander

P.S. Btw. I would prefer to talk to a person with a real name, rather
than to "a a".

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 22:44:08 up 2 days, 1:17, load average: 0.15, 0.08, 0.11