Antivirus in FC3?

Felipe Alfaro Solana lkml at mac.com
Mon Mar 14 22:15:33 UTC 2005

On 14 Mar 2005, at 22:36, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Does linux really need antivirus? I have been googleing this for close
> to an hour and came to the conclusion that this is only nessacary for
> linux IF there is a mailserver delivering mail to a windows box, for
> the protection of the windows box.

It won't do any harm, as it's usually non-intrusive (it won't slow your
machine to a crawl trying to guess what's going on) and will scan only
on demand. Also, if you host Windoze files on your Linux machine, those
files could be infected: although they won't pose any risk to your
Linux box, they could pose a risk to other Winblows machines.