apache start error in clean install FC3

a a lacadaemon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 00:57:45 UTC 2005

I was having problems with phpMyAdmin and finally traced the fault to
apache. This is a fresh install which I have updated and nothing else
has been done

The server is not echoing errors to the terminal screen when SELinux
is ON (when I enter "apachectl start" all I see next is the prompt on
the next line)

So then I set SELinux to OFF and rebooted

next I started apachectl and this happened ....

# /usr/sbin/apachectl start
[Tue Mar 15 00:18:41 2005] [warn] The Alias directive in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.c onf at line 493 will probably never match
because it overlaps an earlier AliasMa tch.
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443
Unable to open logs

what does it mean? I thought the server was preconfigured to listening port 80