Reiserfs on Fedora

Bill ngc4013 at cox.net
Tue Mar 15 02:28:23 UTC 2005

I have been running reiserfs for years on both SuSE and Redhat products.
I have also had ext2 and ext3 filesystems on a couple of trial installs.
Ext2 is blazing fast, but lacks the journaling. Ext3 works, but I find
that it has some very long delays during drive checks and slow file
transfers under NFS. I have experimented with FC3 install on ext3 and
FC3 install on reiserfs, and have found that under reiserfs drive checks
are extremely fast and with fine tuning of the read and write parameters
for NFS mounts I get 22-24% speed increase under reiserfs during file
transfers.

Bill