sendmail/clamav-milter problem

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Tue Mar 15 03:11:08 UTC 2005

> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:34:39 +0100
> From: Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>
> Subject: Re: sendmail/clamav-milter problem
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> Am Di, den 15.03.2005 schrieb rado um 2:22:
>
> > my line is right in sendmail.mc
> > I looked thru that article you stated above and yes, it is good info
> > but, I am not sure but I think my problem is clamav -0.83-1 specific. my
> > reasoning is that it's lacking the file clmilter.sock anywhere on my
> > system....and that fedora news article calls for etc/sysconfig/clamav-
> > milter conf which is also not there...it's like I have no clamav-milter
> > on this system
>
> > jr
>
> You then missed to install the clamav-milter RPM.
>
> http://crash.fce.vutbr.cz/crash-hat/3/clamav/
>
> has it. Don't know where you took ClamAV from.
>
> Alexander

that site is where I got clamav-0.83-1.i386.rpm from.
OMG...this is hitting me like I hit a brick wall!!! as I am writing this
I see another file...the bottom one that is clamav-
milter-0.83-1.i386.rpm....
I am sure this is what I am lacking...well not proven yet but hope in a
bit it is!

Alexander, btw, how in God's name are you able to keep track of all the
information locations that you suggest to everyone? wow!!!

thx man!

jr

--
Trust Everyone...just make sure you brand your cattle