Don't Waste Time on Fedora Mailing List Archive Searches - Search Engine Broken

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Tue Mar 15 05:36:49 UTC 2005

M. Fioretti wrote:
> Is it a custom one, or are they using some existing 3rd party product?
> If you are going to research this, it would be useful to involve the
> actual developers.
>

>>However, that being said what I "can" do is create a searchable
>>index of the archive files remotely and make it available to the
>>list members to test my theory.
>

> Yes, this would really be interesting. Thanks,
>
> Marco

I'm not sure if its a custom search engine or not. Its not readily clear
what they're using as a search engine for the archives. I do know that
Swish-e is very powerful and quite easy to configure and use as linux
search engines go. I was looking at htdig at one time because it comes
with most distros of linux and that gave be a headache. Wrong frame of
mind at the time I suppose.

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996