FC2 EOL support concern

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Mar 15 22:33:25 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 15.03.2005 schrieb Marc M um 22:56:

> 5.  upgrade to whitebox linux which is a clone of RHEL3, which has
> plenty of rpms out there for it, and not worry about it until Oct.
> 2008.

a) Whitebox Linux seems to be a dead project to me. The main guy behind
it has turned over for CentOS.

b) Going from FC2 to RHEL3 (RH9 based) is a big step backwards, some
kind of a downgrade regarding software versions and kernel version.

If it is a server the OP might consider switching over to CentOS 4
(RHEL4 clone and FC3 based). He may too simply upgrade to FC3 and later
to FC4 ...

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:29:56 up 3 days, 2:03, load average: 0.10, 0.20, 0.82