OT: give advice to MSAccess user

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:35:46 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:55:30 +0100, Duncan Lithgow
<duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:

> So, I need a replacement. MySQL seems the obvious replacement - but what
> about a good front-end. That's what I need help with. I've not had much
> luck searching google/ sourceforge yet...
>
> all suggestions welcome

Hi, Duncan!  I'm not sure what you mean by front-end here, but I've
been very pleased with MySQL + phpMyAdmin.  You can download the
phpMyAdmin software from http://www.phpmyadmin.com/.  It is,
unfortunately, not included in either Fedora Core or Fedora Extras at
this time.

Others on the list have suggested PostgreSQL, and while that's a very
valuable suggestion and you certainly can't go wrong with it, keep in
mind that the M in the current LAMP architecture craze means MySQL
(Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python).

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."  -- Unknown